Continuing Education Classes
Realtors looking for CE hours you've come to the right place. John Holland is a TAR instructor with over 70 hours of approved credit hours. We strive to help agents gain mastery of their professional skills and obligations.
To maintain their real estate licenses in the state(s) where they operate, agents and brokers need to participate in defined amounts of continuing education (CE) each year or recurring time period. These requirements are set forth in state laws and are administered by state real estate commissions. The specific requirements, time frames, and due dates vary considerably across states—as do the requirements for obtaining a license, called pre-licensing, and supplemental one-time novice training, called post-licensing.
Active sales agent license renewal requirements
- Complete 18 hours of approved Continuing Education (CE) courses
- 8 hours of TREC Legal Update I and II; and
- 10 hours of elective CE
- If you have been made a supervisor by your broker for six months or more, you need to take the 6-hour Broker Responsibility course as part of your 18 hours of CE.
- If TREC records do not reflect completion of CE requirements at the time you submit your renewal application, you must pay a $200 CE Deferral Fee, or renew in inactive status. Payment of the CE Deferral Fee allows you to remain active for an additional 60 days from your expiration date to complete CE requirements. To receive the additional 60 days to complete any outstanding CE, the CE Deferral fee must be paid before the expiration date of your license. Deferral does not apply to sales agents renewing for the first time.
- If your license expires, you cannot renew until CE requirements are met and you have paid the CE Deferral Fee. If you complete CE more than 60 days after your license expiration date, you will be subject to an additional late reporting fee of $250.
- If you have not submitted your fingerprints for TREC with a previous renewal or application, you must be fingerprinted for a criminal background check.